Books, books, books

A place where fellow bookworms can meet and talk about the best books around.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Food for Thought

Hmm.. this certainly is food for thought. After many recommendations the book, The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie, definitely seems like a must read. The cover and title are both intriguing and I am on my toes, ready to dive headfirst into this novel by Alan Bradley.
I also, being a sucker for a good mystery, am interested in reading the book, Smells Like Dog, by Suzanne Selfors. This book has a very cute, and lovable cover that makes me want to start reading. Don't you?

5 comments:

  1. Hi!! just wanted to say congrats on your blog. It's wonderful. You should be so proud. I'll keep tabs on your posts. H, F & L will love looking at what you write. Happy summer and hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would let you borrow my copy of The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie, but I bought the audio book for a car ride home. That might be worth a quick listen because the reader has a lovely British accent. It really helped me imagine the characters better. Let me know if you want it. You could listed to the first five minute and then read the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can read Paige's review of "sweetness" here! http://paigesmanypages.wordpress.com/2010/06/08/reviews-the-sweetness-at-the-bottom-of-the-pie/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that it's a "must read" based on the title and cover. That "don't judge a book by the cover" saying doesn't always work for me. Have you seen the cover of the new release When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead? I'll let you know if it is supported by a fab story between the flaps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Avery I love this idea! Keep it up because we will checking it for more recommendations. We have never read Sweetness... and are going to check it out. You have created something all on your own for you and others and it is so positive! Great job!
    Mrs. Salvino

    ReplyDelete